Curried Egg Salad and Apple Tartines
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8⅛ teaspoon celery salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs peeled
- ¼ cup grapes halved
- ¼ cup celery finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- ½ apple diced
- 4 slices multigrain bread toasted
- Optional: thinly sliced radish spinach leaves
- Stir mayonnaise, curry powder, celery salt, cumin, mustard and lemon juice together in a bowl. Add the eggs and gently mash with a fork.
- Gently stir in the grapes, celery, shallot and apple. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the egg salad onto each of the toasted bread slices. For extra crunch and color, top with thinly sliced radish and a few tender spinach leaves.
- Below is a step by step of my favorite way to make hard-boiled eggs, where the yolks are set but still moist. There’s nothing like the perfectly cooked egg.
- Place as many eggs as you want to cook in the bottom of a pot. Fill with enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch.
- Bring water to a boil with the eggs in the pot. When the water reaches a boil, turn off the heat.
- Let the eggs sit for 8 minutes. Remove immediately to an ice-water bath to cool completely (about 3 minutes in the ice-water bath) before peeling.