Monica’s Grape Pie
- 4 cups Concord Grapes destemmed
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 double layer of your favorite frozen pie crusts or your recipe for homemade pie dough that will give you two layers of crust.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Slip the skins off of the grapes with your fingers, placing the grape middles in a stock pot. Reserve the skins in a large mixing bowl. Bring the grape middles to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat and pour the grapes through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Add the boiled grapes to the skins and mix in the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Fill the bottom of a pie shell with the mixture and cover with the top layer of dough. Place the pie on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the filling is bubbly in the middle and the crust is golden brown.