Chopped Kale Salad with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette
- 1 large bunch kale Dinosaur, Red, Curly, stripped from the stem and chopped very fine
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds toasted with a sprinkle of oil and salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine first 5 dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil. Store in the refrigerator.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the kale, pumpkin seeds and dressing to taste (you won’t need all the dressing).
- Serve immediately.
Pair with Hosmer Winery 2011 Dry Riesling