Roasted Delicata Squash with Pine Nuts, Garlic and Sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds Delicata squash three medium, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed, and cut crosswise into ½-inch-wide slices
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together oil, sage, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss squash with the sage oil mixture in a bowl and then spread evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast squash and carefully flip the slices after about 15 minutes, when they have turned golden brown.
- Roast for another 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Toss with pine nuts, salt and pepper to taste, and serve with some sautéed greens.
(Adapted from Gourmet Magazine)