Sheetpan Roasted Turkey
- 20-22 pound local free range turkey cut into 6 pieces (2 breast, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings/thighs)
- ½ cup butter melted
- Salt and fresh black pepper ground
- 5 sprigs of thyme leaves picked
- 1 small bunch sage leaves finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary finely chopped
- Preheat oven 400°F. Brush the turkey with the melted butter and rub the herbs, salt and pepper evenly over the pieces.
- Place the breasts on a sheetpan and put into the oven for 30 minutes.
- On a 2nd sheetpan, add the thighs and drumsticks and roast for an additional 60 minutes, basting often with the juices in the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the pans when the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165 °F. Let the meat rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving up and serving.