Beet and Carrot Latkes
- 2 medium beets peeled and coarsely shredded
- 2 medium carrots peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 medium onion peeled and coarsely shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Crème fraiche or sour cream as needed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in the oven.
- Combine beets, carrots and onion in large bowl. Mix in eggs; add flour, salt and pepper and blend well.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Using 1/3 cup beet mixture for each pancake, drop 4 pancakes into skillet and flatten to a ¼-inch thickness.
- Cook until brown and cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer pancakes to the baking sheet in the oven and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, and make another 4 pancakes with the remaining beet mixture. Serve pancakes warm with a dollop of crème fraiche.