Eccentric Caesar Salad
- 1/2 cup raw cashews 70g
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh-squeezed
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic large
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- black pepper freshly ground
- 2 heads romaine lettuce large, chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups croutons 120g
- 1 avocado ripe, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds 65g
- 1/3 cup capers 55g
- Combine the cashews, oil, lemon juice, yeast, mustard, garlic, salt, curry powder, and pepper in a food processor and add 1⁄4 cup plus 3 tbsp/75 ml warm water.
- Process until the mixture is very smooth, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Toss the romaine with 1⁄2 cup/120 ml of the dressing. Add more to taste if desired.
- Divide the lettuce among six plates, and top each with some of the croutons, avocado, hemp seeds, and capers. Serve immediately.