Grilled Lamb Chops with Hellbender Glaze
Hellbender is a port-style wine made by Red Newt Cellars. It’s rich, complex, peppery and sweet; reduced to a glaze, it pairs well here with rosemary and garlic-coated lamb chops.
- 8 lamb chops
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 1 cup Red Newt Hellbender wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Rub lamb chops all over with minced garlic, rosemary, olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the Hellbender glaze.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the Hellbender, sugar and a pinch of salt to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer until reduced to about half its original volume.
- Meanwhile, prepare a grill, heated to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grate if needed.
- Grill chops over medium-high heat until starting to firm up and centers are still pink and juicy, about 3 minutes per side.
- Brush chops immediately with Hellbender glaze and serve with additional glaze for dipping.
Recipe by Amy Maltzan, eggsonsunday.com. See more from the 2014 Wine issue, including the recipe for a spring pea risotto.
1 thought on “Grilled Lamb Chops with Hellbender Glaze”
Pingback: Spring Pea Risotto | Edible Finger Lakes : Edible Finger Lakes
Comments are closed.