- 5 ounces Riesling (Try Lamoreaux Landing Dry Riesling or Bloomer Creek Tanzen Dame)
- ½ lemon wheel
- 8 small sage leaves or 4 big ones
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- Heat 1⁄4 cup hot water on the stove top or in microwave. Add 1/3 cup sugar and stir until dissolved. Let cool before using.
- Muddle 1 ounce of the Riesling in a pint glass with the lemon, sage and simple syrup.
- Transfer mixture to a shaker and add the remaining Riesling.
- Shake with ice until the outside of the shaker becomes frosty. Strain into a chilled martini glass.