Grilled Corn with Cilantro-Lime Butter
Classic grilled corn on the cob is rubbed with herby cilantro-lime butter just before serving. To save yourself some time between grilling and putting dinner on the table, make the butter up to two days in advance. Cover and refrigerate once everything is whisked together. An hour before serving the corn, move the butter to the counter to allow it to come to room temperature for easier spreading.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime zest only
- 8 ears of corn husks and silks removed
- Vegetable or canola oil for brushing the corn
- Whisk the butter, cilantro, lime, chili powder and salt together.
- Brush the corn with oil and heat a grill to medium. Grill the corn, turning the ears every few minutes, until it is browned on all sides. This should take 10-12 minutes.
- Spread the cilantro-lime butter over the corn. Serve immediately.