Grilled Plum Crisp
Plum crisp originally published on Savvy Eats and adapted from Love & Lemons. Grill the plums for this crisp at the end of dinner, when the grill is still warm. The plums will caramelize a little bit, giving them a more complex sweetness.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons salted butter cold
- 1 pound plums about 15 small plums
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Finely chop the walnuts, then mix them with the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Work the butter in with your hands until everything is in small, pebble- sized pieces. Chill until ready to serve the crumble.
- Meanwhile, pit and slice the plums. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, and grill the plums for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- At this point, the plums will be juicy and smell a little caramelized, even if they don’t have distinct grill marks. Move the plums to a plate.
- Top the grilled plums with the walnut-oat crumbles. Serve à la mode with vanilla ice cream.