Apple and Blue Cheese Crostini
These two-bite crostini appetizers are ideal for a winter cocktail celebration. When it comes to the honey drizzle, try using a fall flower honey, such as the one from Waid’s Apiary, or another flowery honey, as it will contrast nicely with the strong flavor of the blue cheese.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large tart apple
- 1 baguette sliced diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Whisk the water with the lemon juice. Thinly slice the apple and cut each slice in half.
- Drop the apple pieces in the diluted lemon juice and allow them to sit for 2-3 minutes. This will help prevent the apples from browning as the crostini sit on the serving tray.
- Brush both cut sides of the bread with olive oil. Toast the baguette in the oven for 3-4 minutes per side, until the bread is lightly toasted.
- Spread each baguette slice with blue cheese and top with 2-3 pieces of apple. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.