Slow-Cooked Ham in Cider Gravy
- 4 pound ham
- 2 cups unsweetened apple cider
- 3/4 cups maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place the ham in a slow cooker and cover with the cider and syrup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Transfer the ham to a plate. Pour the liquid into a four-cup measuring container.
- Whisk the cornstarch with 1⁄2 cup of the reserved liquid on the stovetop over low heat until smooth. Increase the heat to medium-low.
- Whisking continuously, add the rest of the liquid a little bit at a time, until it’s fully incorporated. Keep whisking as the gravy bubbles, until it is thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with the ham.