Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, but don’t over mix.
- Warm some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Ladle 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, waiting for little bubbles to appear on the edges before you flip the cakes. Keep the cooked pancakes in a warm oven while you continue to make them.
- Serve with warm maple syrup from the Finger Lakes.