Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
You can skip some of these ingredients if you have New Hope Mills Buttermilk Pancake mix on hand. If not, Pittsford Dairy in Fairport makes delicious local buttermilk that is almost as thick as sour cream. And just about all the other ingredients can be sourced locally too.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, but don’t over mix.
- Warm some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Ladle 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, waiting for little bubbles to appear on the edges before you flip the cakes. Keep the cooked pancakes in a warm oven while you continue to make them.
- Serve with warm maple syrup from the Finger Lakes.
1 thought on “Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes”
Pingback: New Hope Mills Buttermilk Pancakes | Edible Finger Lakes : Edible Finger Lakes
Comments are closed.