- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 stick butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 small heart-shaped chocolates or 2 cups chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375º. Beat together brown sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth, then add egg and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mix to the brown sugar mix 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until smooth each time.
- If using chopped chocolate, add and stir that in now. Scoop onto cookie sheet using a 1/8 cup scoop (12 cookies for a smaller cookie sheet and 15 for a larger one).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown but not crispy.
- Carefully transfer to a cooling rack. If using whole chocolate hearts, gently press one into each cookie while it’s still warm.
Amanda Hutchinson is a senior journalism major at Ithaca College who enjoys making real food on a college budget. Check out her other work at amandalhutchinson.wordpress.com. For more of Amanda’s recipes, check out her chili.
1 thought on “Heartbreaker Cookies”
Pingback: Simple Beef Wellington | Edible Finger Lakes : Edible Finger Lakes
Comments are closed.