Lakewood Vineyards Riesling Chicken
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken thighs and legs
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1 cup Lakewood Vineyards Dry Riesling
- 6 ounces white mushrooms and/or oyster mushrooms slice ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken, season with salt & pepper and cook over a medium heat until slightly browned (about 4 minutes per side).
- Add the shallot and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the Lakewood Vineyards Dry Riesling, cover and simmer over low heat until the chicken is just cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over a low heat until the liquid evaporates (approx. 7 minutes).
- Increase the heat and cook, stirring until browned (approximately 3 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the large skillet and set it in the skillet with the mushrooms.
- In a bowl, blend the flour and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, creating a paste.
- Stir the cream into the large skillet; bring to a simmer. Mix the flour paste into the cooking liquid and simmer until thickened.
- Return the chicken and mushrooms to the skillet and briefly reheat.
- Serve with noodles. (Spaetzle, rice, boiled potatoes work well too). Pour a glass of Dry Riesling and ENJOY!
Lakewood Vineyards includes around 80 acres of grapes from 14 varieties including: Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Cabernet Franc and Pinot Noir. The high quality fruit from Lakewood has produced numerous award-winning wines.