The Bloody Mary Meal
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning plus more for the rim
- 1 shot vodka*
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 12- ounce bottle V8 Essential Antioxidants 100% Vegetable Juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 celery stalk
the snack garnish:
- green olives
- pearl onions
- cheese cut into cubes
- pickled vegetables of your choice such as cornichons or Crooked Carrot dilly beans
- Rim a 16-ounce glass with Old Bay seasoning. Fill the glass with ice. Add vodka and then pickle juice.
- Pour in vegetable juice —I used V8 Antioxidant, which has less sodium than the original and tastes a heck of a lot better than the low sodium version.
- Add the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and Old Bay. If you like a spicier drink, add more hot sauce. For less spicy, add only a 1/2 teaspoon of horseradish. Use the celery to stir.
- Garnish your drink with an olive, pearl onion, cheese and pickled vegetable. I used a kebab skewer to fit everything on but you may want to use a toothpick or a cute plastic cocktail sword.
- Make a plate with all of the snacks you didn’t put in your drink to eat. And maybe cook up some bacon to enjoy on the side as well?
- *My family debates over whether vodka or gin makes it better. Your call.