Honey-Glazed Chicken with White Wine, Mustard and Thyme
This recipe is inspired by combining two dishes my mother used to make when I was younger–honey-glazed drumsticks and grilled Dijon chicken. It’s as foolproof and delicious as you can get for an easy weeknight meal, but equally at home as a dish to serve to guests. It goes without saying, but use your favorite local honey and Finger Lakes white wine.
- 1 whole chicken broken down into pieces and backbone remove
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken pieces skin-side up in a single layer in a ceramic or glass baking dish. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Smear over the chicken pieces, drizzling any remaining sauce over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until meat is cooked through and skin is nicely browned.
Amy Maltzan is an avid home cook, gardener and occasional blogger. More of her seasonally focused recipes are available at eggsonsunday.wordpress.com. For more chicken recipes, try our Chicken under a Brick.