By Amy Maltzan
Spring Herb Salad
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 handfuls tender lettuce or salad greens
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls mixed spring herb leaves: any combination of parsley, chervil, dill, fennel fronds, mint, etc.
- In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisking all the while, drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Add the greens, scallion and herbs to the bowl. Gently toss to coat.
- Taste, and add more salt or pepper if needed.
Amy Maltzan is an avid home cook, gardener and occasional blogger. More of her seasonally focused recipes are available at eggsonsunday.wordpress.com.