Blue Cheese and Chive Biscuits
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese Lively Run Cayuga Blue recommended
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450º. Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl, then blend in butter with your finger tips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in blue cheese and chives. Add buttermilk and stir until just combined.
- Drop dough in 12 equal mounds about 2 inches apart onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in middle of oven until golden, 16-20 minutes.