Lime and Honey Beet Salad
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 lime grated zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2-3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives minced
- black pepper freshly ground
- 1 pound cooked beets peeled (try roasting them)
- fresh dill and chives minced, for garnish (optional)
- Whisk together the vinegar, lime zest and juice and honey in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add the dill and chives, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the beets into wedges (about 1/2 inch thick), add them to the bowl, and gently turn them around in the vinaigrette. Cover the bowl and chill the beets for at least 2 hours, or for as long as overnight.
- At serving time, stir in another teaspoon of oil, if you think the salad needs it, and taste for salt and pepper. If you’re using them, top with minced herbs.