- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs preferably pasture raised
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender buds
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves torn
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry, placing in a casserole dish or roasting pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, lavender, mint, peppercorns and olive oil. Pour the yogurt marinade all over the chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours and up to one day.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Season well with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees; once at temperature, place the chicken in the bottom third of the oven and roast until golden and crispy, and the internal temperature reads 165 degrees, about 40–45 minutes.
—Rochelle Billow This article originally appeared in our Summer 2013 issue.