In this feature, we gathered 16 young business owners in the food, farm or beverage industry that are establishing a brand in the FLX. We sent each one the same list of 10 questions. Below are their answers. We hope you enjoy learning about and supporting these local entrepreneurs!
Lisa Jonckheere & Justin Patterson of Hazelnut Kitchen
1.What’s the first FLX wine or beer you tasted? Beer: Two Goats Brewing, Cider: Redbyrd Orchard Cider
2. What’s your favorite local comfort food after a long, day of hard work? Lively Run Cheese
3. Who’s your hero? Somehow we both ended up with the same mentor, Gary Jones.
4. If you had to choose a completely new career, what would it be? Justin – a farmer.
5. Favorite place to eat in the FLX? The Elf in the Oak.
6. Local businessperson who inspires you? Christina McKeough.
All images by Chelsea Fausel.
A version of this article originally appeared in the May/June 2019 edition of the magazine.