Meaghan Frank of Dr. Frank Wines
In this feature, we gathered 16 young business owners in the food, farm or beverage industry that are establishing a brand in the FLX. We sent each one the same list of 10 questions. Below are their answers. We hope you enjoy learning about and supporting these local entrepreneurs!
1. What’s the first FLX wine or beer you tasted? Our Gewürztraminer when I was young. My grandmother let me try a sip and I remember liking it. It is still my favorite wine that we make.
2. What’s your biggest challenge in being a young business owner in the FLX? The seasonality can be challenging.
3. What’s your favorite local comfort food after a long, day of hard work? Pho from Saigon Kitchen.
4. Favorite piece of business advice? Treat everyone with the respect and dignity that you would like to receive.
5. Why do you run your business here? This business has been in my family for almost 60 years and we are tied to the vineyards we have here.
6. Who’s your hero? My father Fred.
7. What did you want to be when you were a kid? A dolphin trainer.
8. At what age do you think you will retire? Not for a long time!
9. Describe yourself in 3 words. Enthusiastic, Creative, Empathetic
10. In the past people were buried with the items they would need in the afterlife, what would you want buried with you so you could use it in the afterlife? Champagne.
11. If you had to choose a completely new career, what would it be? Dolphin trainer…still my plan B.
13. Favorite place to eat in the FLX? Hazelnut Kitchen
14. Local businessperson who inspires you? Christopher Bates
A version of this article originally appeared in the May/June 2019 edition of the magazine.