Kale Caesar Salad
I’ve always loved a good Caesar salad, and it is definitely a favorite in my family as well. I’ve spruced this version up with kale, a Greek yogurt Caesar dressing, homemade croutons and shaved parmesan cheese.
- 2 cups artisan bread chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of both salt and pepper
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 small garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup finely-grated parmesan cheese plus 3 tablespoons parmesan for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cups kale rinsed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cubed bread on a baking sheet, drizzle it with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of both salt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the croutons and then bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy all the way through.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. To make the dressing, use a food processor or blender to combine the anchovy fillets, garlic cloves, ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, olive oil and Greek yogurt until smooth.
- To assemble your salad, combine kale, Caesar dressing and croutons together in a large bowl and toss. Sprinkle top with remaining 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.