Chicken Thighs with Creamed Morels and Ramps
- 6 chicken thighs skin on
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 pound morel mushrooms cut in half
- 4 ounces sherry
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ramps sliced
- Dry your chicken thighs by blotting with a paper towel and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium and slowly cook the chicken thighs in olive oil, skin side down.
- Flip once the thighs are cooked 75% though and finish on the other side.
- In a large pan, sweat diced shallot with olive oil until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add morels and season with salt and pepper. Make sure the mushrooms aren't crowded in the pan, you want them to have plenty of room.
- Add the sherry and let reduce until almost gone.
- Add cream and cook until just heated though.
- Turn off the heat and toss in sliced ramps.
- Plate by placing the chicken thigh in the center of a plate and spooning the sauce mixture on top. Enjoy immediately.