Pasta Alfresca with Fresh Spinach
Chef Rosica-Brand is the Director of Food & Beverage Education Programs at the New York Kitchen in Canandaigua.
- 12 oz Penne Pasta
- 2 lb Fresh Spinach
- 1 jar Sundried Tomatoes in oil w/ herbs
- ¼ cup Pine nuts
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil chiffonade
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- ¼ cup Goat cheese crumbled
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Drain pasta.
- In a pre-heated large sauté pan, pour oil from bottle of sundried tomatoes and allow oil to warm.
- Add pasta in batches – a few handfuls at a time. Allow pasta to slightly brown on one side.
- Begin to add spinach, a handful at a time. Stir until wilted and then add another handful.
- Add sundried tomatoes and pine nuts and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until well blended and warmed through. Add the herbs and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place pasta into serving dish or individual bowls and top with goat cheese. Garnish with parmesan.