A fun recipe to serve at any gathering and picnic.
From Hawk Meadow Farm
- Food processor
- 4 ounces Shiitake mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts or walnuts
- 3 ounces neufchatel or farmer cheese
- 4 teaspoons dry sherry
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in butter for about five minutes
- Add thyme, salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor chop parsley and nuts.
- Add cheese and process until smooth.
- Add sherry and mushroom mixture and mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers or bread.